Carrie Mock is a violinist, violist, pianist, and vocalist living and working in Long Beach, CA as a private music teacher, professional musician, manager, promoter, arranger, producer, session musician, orchestrator, and composer.
In high school, she served as concertmaster of the San Luis Obispo County Youth Symphony 1998-1999 under the tutelage of Carol Kersten, after which she received a violin scholarship to attend the California State University, Long Beach School of Music (now the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music), where she studied with Andrea Byers, Christine Guter, Richard Rintoul, Elisabeth Pehlivanian, and the late Arpine Pehlivanian. She received her Associate of Arts in Music Performance for both classical violin and vocal jazz studies in 2003 and has also studied with Azihudi Vieira and Sandra Rohr.
Carrie was the Principal 2nd Violinist in the Pikes Peak Philharmonic for three seasons, a member of the American String Teachers Association, and the Black Rose Acoustic Society while in Colorado Springs. She also managed and performed with the Mock-Up Studios String Quartet and was a coach for the Doherty High School orchestral programs.
She manages the Deviant Orchestra Network, the Deviant String Quartet, and is Administrative Director and Principal Violist of the Orange County Collegiate Orchestra. She also plays fiddle and the backing vocals for Dublin Public and viola in the Lark String Quartet, the Belmont String Quartet, and the Dana Point Symphony.
- California State University, Long Beach: Associate of Arts in Music Performance 2003
- Violinist, Violist, Manager: Deviant String Quartet – present
- Violist: Belmont String Quartet – present
- Violinist, Violist: Dana Point Symphony – present
- Administrative Director/Principal Violist: Orange County Collegiate Orchestra – present
- Violinist, Violist: Lark String Quartet – present
- Fiddle, Backing Vocals: Dublin Public – present
- Private Music Instructor: Self-Employed 1999 – present
- Piano, Violin, Viola, and Vocal Instructor: YourMusicLessons – present
- Private Music Instructor: Music Education Network 2000
- Manager/Founder/2nd Violinist: Mock-Up Studios String Quartet 2009 – 2012
- Member: American String Teachers Association
- Principle Second Violin: Pikes Peak Philharmonic 2008 – 2011
- Member: Pikes Peak Arts Council 2009 – 2012
- Member: Black Rose Acoustic Society 2009 – 2011
- Violinist: CSULB Symphony Orchestra 2001 – 2003
- Singer/Section Leader: CSULB Vocal Jazz 2001 – 2003
- Concertmaster: SLO County Youth Symphony 1999 – 2000
- Founding Member: Pacific Standard Time 2001 – 2003
- Winner: Monday Club Solo Performance Music Competition 2001
- Winner: Central Coast Chamber Music Competition 1999
- Professional Violinist: Self Employed 1999 – present